Wednesday 15 February 2012

Teacosy

I finished my teacosy on Sunday. I found a great new place to knit in relative peace while keeping the kids happy. I brought the kids to an indoor play centre early Sunday morning and got an hour and a half of knitting done! Normally I save my knitting until at least 7.30 when my youngest goes to bed, so to get lots done so early was a joy. Later on then I learned how to knit an Icord. I needed it for the top of my teacosy. It was very easy and very clever. I used 3 stiches and 2 double pointed needles. Basically you knit a row. Slide row to other end of needle. Do not turn the work and  repeat.  Even my husband admired it! I know that was probably just to keep me happy but he pulled it off so who cares. I'm now making another for my mum and dad. finished one side last night.

The epic baking session I spoke aboput didn't happen. I only managed to back one swiss rol with the help of 2 of my children. It was a nice. I had forgot to stock up on ingrediants after my last baking session. i'vve started this weeks shopping list already. That won't happen again.

2 comments:

  1. Tea cosy looks excellent - dead posh :)

    And what a brilliant idea about the play centre... do you reckon I could bring my scrapping stuff to one and see if that works for me? Lol :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Orlaith! I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! I have been thinking of returning to my knitting (it has only been about 25 years since my last project) and this really inspires me but as usual it's finding the time and energy. I barely find time for scrapbooking. I would buy this cosy! Fab!

    ReplyDelete