Saturday 17 March 2012

Cushions in Progress

When I finished my table runner I realised I had quite a lot of wool left over so not to let anything go to waste I am after makng 3 cushion fronts. Yes not covers just the front. I intend on sowing on a plain material back, not sure what colour yet. I just finished all the knitting tonight or I should say crocheting, I did the first front exactly the same as the table runner then got bored of that pattern so decided to try some crocherting. I haven't done any in years. I had to get out my trusty Ladybird book just to check my stitches! I just made simple granny squares using the same stripes as the table runner. I'm midway through sowing in all the ends now, such a tedious job! I love it when I'm finished though it's worth the hassel.
I'm already thinking of my next project. I was given some old curtain material my Granny used yesterday. Some lovely material that is grey/brown in colour with hot pink flowers. I'm thinkng of making a rope bag or basket and wrapping the fabric around the rope. Have seen some great tutorials on utube. I also need to get started on the cards for my next class. There just aren't enough hours in the day. Happy crafty weekend everyone. 




No comments:

Post a Comment