Friday 13 January 2012

Finished!

The epic bag is finished! Three 95 degree washes and an hour and a half in the dryer and it's done. I've never felted anything before so it was interesting project. It's shrunk which I was expecting. The edges of the knitting have rolled in, making the handles, the loops and the top nice and strong. The whole bag is much sturdie and the fabric thicker. The holes are obviously smaller but it still only for carrying larger items. I thought about lining it but my huband said that I'd have to sow around each hole or dirt would get in between the lining and the bag! I'll have to think about the lining a bit more before attempting anything. I'm very happy with my new bag. Anyone thinking about attempting felting their knitting should definately give it a go. There are lots of patterns on knittingcentral.com for both big and small bags.

2 comments: