Monday 21 May 2012

Bags, bags, bags

It's been a while since I updated my blog but believe me I've been busy. It took me a while to decide on a project. First I started to practise my crochet making some samples but nothing too exciting. Then one of my aunts gave me lots of leather samples so I spent time researching on the internet before starting my project. It's still not  finished but here's the pictures so far. I decided to make a handbag. It has a zip and is fully lined. I really impressed myself.  I'm having difficulty finishing it though, it needs somnething. It could do with some handles and embellishments, but how? Some more web browsing required. 
While I was doing my leather research I spotted lots of lovely bag patterns on the net and  I just couldn't resist so I had to buy some fabric. First I made a large beach bag for my upcoming holiday. Next I made a lovely handbag. I was pleasently suprised at how easy they were to make and they only took a few hours each. I've lots of material left for more, so the leather and fabric bag story will be continued shortly...





2 comments:

  1. I love them all!

    Am dead impressed with them all - but still love that beach bag best :) You know, if you have material left over you could do matching purses for them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not finished with that material yet, maybe next week when all the communion madness is over.

    ReplyDelete